Instead of beginning my day with lying in bed and looking through my social networks or wasting a morning by watching t.v., I’m able to start my day in a healthy way with my morning routine. It also allows me to center myself and begin my day productively.
1. Drink Warm Lemon Water: Lemon water is known for helping people lose weight because it contains pectin fiber, which fights off hunger. It also helps detoxes the digestive system and relieves indigestion problems. Lemon water also helps reduce anxiety and depression. There are more benefits to lemon water found here:http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/11-benefits-lemon-water-you-didnt-know-about.html. Make sure to brush your teeth before drinking lemon water than after because it will erode away your enamel.
2. Yoga: My morning sequence usually consists of hip and lower back yoga because I wake up with tight muscles in my hip and back area. Practicing yoga in the morning regularly will allow your body to accustom to morning workouts which leaves you to wake up energized instead of waking up groggy and dazed. If you also practice yoga for spiritual reasons, you will be more grounded and surrounded with light and love to start your day.
3. Green Smoothie & Inspiration Quote with Music: I rarely get my greens throughout the day, so my main source is through my smoothie! My smoothies usually consist of chia seed, flax seed, banana, and spinach. Don’t know what to put? Check out this page for a guide to green smoothies: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/523543525410128998/. While I’m drinking my smoothie, I usually listen to music that is calm to set my day right and I also scroll through: http://thepoetpainter.tumblr.com/ in order to find inspiring quotes that allow me to live by throughout the day or to think positively.
4. Meditate/ Mantra: Daily meditation keeps you stress free and decreases depression and anxiety. It stabilizes individuals emotionally and creates personal growth. You can try guided meditations on youtube for mindfulness, manifestation, or for a specific need ie. stress, anxiety, or depression. Or you can meditate in other forms that are best for you: going for a walk, dancing, or drawing. After I meditate I recite a mantra that helps me to be content with what I have in life and to allow anything to come my way with acceptance. You can recite a mantra that balances your chakras or recite a mantra to find love or to strive for a healthy lifestyle. Here is a link for mantras to balance chakras: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-20933/7-mantras-to-balance-your-7-chakras.html. Here is a link for mantras for personal transformation: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-14390/14-mantras-for-transformation.html. Of course, you can create your own mantra that caters to your own needs!
5. Prioritize 3 things: So, aside from planning my day, I pick three things on my to do list that I must complete throughout the day. If you don’t plan your day, at least plan 3 things you want to complete, and ensure that you complete it! Doing this allows you to not only complete your tasks, but pushes you toward greater goals you would like to achieve. Ie. if you want a healthier body then plan 3 things toward that goal: eat more 2-3 fruits, do a cardio workout, and do a strength workout.