If you want to know why I’m traveling to Japan and for how long, check out this post here .
Since the majority of the time I will spend with the triplets, there are only a few things that I would like to do/ few places I would like to go.
- Visit my friend in Osaka + Check out Kyoto & stay in a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn)
- This most likely may not happen, but Kyoto has always been the # 1 location that I’ve wanted to visit in Japan. If I am to do it, I would plan this trip on the last few days of my stay and either leave a few days to come back to the family or to directly take a flight back home after the trip ie. fly to Osaka and fly back to Narita airport -> from there, fly back home. If I don’t do this trip, this is the one thing that I would love to do with my boyfriend/ a best friend.
- Visit Tokyo
- The family has an apartment in Tokyo that they allow their au pairs to stay at. So, over my two days off, this is definitely something that I would like to do.
- Go to a Jiu Jitsu class
- It would be amazing to attend a jiu jitsu class in Japan; it may not happen because there are few jiu jitsu locations near my homestay, but may be possible near the apartment. I also don’t know if I want to lug my gi around if I don’t know if I can use it.
- Try out Kyudo
- Try all kinds of Japanese food
- Go to an onsen
- Go shopping!
- I’m specifically looking for highlighters and other stationary, socks, cute phone case, t-shirts, and makeup. Although I have big feet, it would be awesome to purchase shoes in the harajuku district.
- Buy souvenirs
- My family is looking for some tea, makeup, postcards, snacks, and maybe I could bring them sake?
- Send postcards to loved ones!
- I want to make sure that I’m reaching out to all those who have supported me in making my travel dreams a reality. I also love writing letters.
- Blogging + Vlogging
- I want to utilize my time to share my experiences with the world! Through my experiences, I hope I can make others’ dreams come true and I want to make it possible for them to have smoother experiences if they know what to expect!
- Do homework
- I’m planning on going to nursing school, so I’m taking online classes. It may be tough, but I need to keep on top of things, so I can get into nursing school!
- Study Jiu Jitsu
- Study Japanese
- Swim Regularly/ Run regularly
- On my time off I want to be able to keep in shape because when I return home, I go straight back to training! They also have a local indoor swimming pool that I’ll be using to teach the girls how to swim.