I hope all is well with you. I love, absolutely love goal-setting. It just makes me excited to see what I can and will accomplish, but at the same time this time of year sends me scattered-brain because I’m trying to reset and reevaluate my goals before the new year. Seriously, my mind goes in a frenzy. So hopefully with trial and error, I’ll be able to have a smooth process, and with this 2018 Planning Guide // Index I hope that it will be so, and for all of you as well!
Today, we have a self-evaluation for your year and overall your self. I’ve divided this into four sections.
- Life Satisfaction Chart
- Resource Chart
- Current Self Evaluation
Before you get started, download the Yearly Review + Self Evaluation, so you can follow along and fill them out.
Life Satisfaction Chart
While filling out this chart ask your self: How would your rate your overall
- Diet? Do you eat whole foods? If you do eat processed/ junk food, do you eat them moderately? Are you eating any foods that your body cannot tolerate?
- Fitness? Do you exercise regularly?
- Friendships? Do you have friends that support you and love you? Do you spend enough time with your friends? Do you have any toxic relationships?
- Family? Do you get along with your family? Do you spend enough time with them?
- Significant other? Do you grow in your relationship? Does your partner treat you well, and you in return? If you’re single, do you enjoy being single? Do you have encounters with men/women that are healthy and respect your boundaries?
- Money? Do you have sufficient funds for basic living ie food, clothing, and shelter? Do you have debt, a mortgage? Do you have extra cash for personal enjoyment?
- Career? Do you constantly dread going to work? Do you feel like you can grow in your line of work, and do you feel like you have a purpose? If you’re not currently working in your desired field, are you on that path?
- Emotional & mental health? Are you stressed often or unable to control your emotions? Do you make time to take care of yourself?
- Recreational activities? Do you have any of your own hobbies? Do you spend time doing things you enjoy? Or do you feel like you never have time for yourself? Do you balance fun with work?
- Spiritual? Do you feel at peace with your place on the earth? Do you feel connected with others, and with your higher power?
- Personal Growth? Do you allow time for quiet reflection on your priorities in life?
Life Resource Chart:
Here you are figuring out how much of your time you’re spending versus how you’d like to actually spend. I left one box at the end for you to choose what area of life you’d like to evaluate as well. When filling this out, think about how many hours you spend daily or weekly depending on the life area. When you look at travel, think about how much time you spend it over the course of the year.
- What did you accomplish this year from your goals list?
- What did you accomplish that you didn’t plan for?
- What were your greatest achievements?
- What were the biggest resource investors? (money, time, and energy)
- What would you have done differently this year if you could have? List all the things you wish you had done this year.
- What lessons did you learn from your failures?
- What were 3 missed opportunities that you can rewrite?
- Was there anything you are curious about trying but have been too scared/busy/distracted to look into?
- What did you not accomplish from your goals? Do you want to pursue them again for next year or eliminate them?
- What were the biggest resource wasters? (money, time, and energy)
The Little Things
- What was time well spent?
- What would you like to reduce or cut from your life?
- What did you think about more than anything?
- What new habits did you cultivate?
- What little things did you enjoy most in your daily life?
The Big Things
- What were some of your best memories from this year?
- What was your favorite place that you visited?
- What had the biggest positive impact?
- Which relationships enriched your life? Did you meet any one new that you’d like to spend more time with?
- Are there any relationships that you’d like to consider removing from your life?
- What 5 people did you enjoy most spending time with?
- If you had describe this year in 3 words, what would it be?
- What would you say your theme was for this year?
Current Self Evaluation
This is going to be the easiest and most creative part of the evaluation. I took this from Lavendaire, a great you-tuber all about self-growth, here you can check out the original video for current self. You can do this two ways:
- Written: grab a notebook and sketch out how you view yourself right now. Around your self, write down the things that are going on in your life, your personality traits, the habits you have, your hobbies, your relationships. Try to only list the big picture items.
- Digitally: make a collage with images of your own that represent yourself, and the things going on in your life. If images don’t cover it, type down the rest of your current self evaluation.
Awesome! I hope you made it through okay, and hopefully you have a clearer sense of how your year went. This will be our building block to figure out what we want for the upcoming year! I’d like to know what was a lesson you’ve learnt from this year, and what is one of your greatest memories? Tell me in the comment section! See you lovelies there!
- Create your Dream Life by Changing the Way you Think // Future Focus Thinking
- Create your Dream Life into Reality using this 5 Year Planner + Free Printables
- 25 Things to Do Before I’m 25
Feel free to follow me: