It seems like every year slips through my fingers. I can’t hold onto the moments that make me happy. Most of the time it’s even hard for me to recollect them. Usually I tend to hold onto the pain of a sad memory. And, it is then that I want time to pass me by quickly, so that the pain would dwindle away.
This year had some ends. I ended my relationship with my first love. I was left heartbroken, but found a way to heal through my passions: fitness, blogging, and minimalism. I also realized that I no longer love my part-time job, and decided it was time for a change.
With endings, came new beginnings. I found out that I want to become a personal trainer, and that I want to take blogging to a whole new level. I also found someone to love again.
2017 Theme: With endings, came new beginnings
- Traveled to Japan for my first time! This was something I’ve wanted to do for 6 years, and I finally went. It’s definitely not the last time I’m going either. I loved it.
- Traveled to Portland, Oregon. I went to Oregon when I was young, and I loved how green and beautiful it was. I wanted to go again to see if it was a place I’d like to root myself. It didn’t disappoint.
- I started lifting weights more seriously & enrolled in a personal training program. I’ve wanted to finally change my physique, and I wanted to go about it through lifting. I also wanted a change of job and get my foot in the door of health and wellness, and I thought, what better way than to become a personal trainer!
- I bought a DSLR camera. I love taking photos, ever since I was 13, and now I have a much better tool to do it with.
- I found my love and interest in the zero-waste & minimalism movement. I’ve wanted a way to reduce my carbon footprint, and this is a fantastic way to do that, and to make room for the things that do matter in my life.
- Traveled to Las Vegas & Sacramento with my cute boyfriend. It’s been so awesome to travel with a significant other. And, I know we are great for each other because I’ve had such a great time traveling with him.
- I began studying for nursing. On my path to a holistic health career!
- I didn’t find my girl gang. This was something that I valued the most. I wanted to find women who have the same values and interests, so I could have a support system to grow with.
- I’ve been unsatisfied with my job and thus, not making enough money. I’ve grown tired of my current job. It’s unfulfilling, and since I don’t have to work to support anyone, I find myself not going to work as often, which has really hurt my income.
- I felt overwhelmed with the thought of so much to do and so little time. I didn’t know what to focus my attention on, and thus was discombobulated. I ended up not really accomplishing anything because of it.
- I broke up with my first love. This was one of the hardest things I had to deal with. Although I will always have a place in my heart for my ex, I’ve learned to move forward with love.
What did you accomplish this past year? What did you struggle with? I’d love to know, let me know in the comment section, and if you already made a post, link it, so I can read it and comment!
For more resources:
- 2018 Planning Guide // Index
- Your Year in Review + Self-Evaluation// 2018 Planner.
- 2018 Goal Creator Guide
Feel free to follow me: