My first goal is to increase overall muscle mass from 31.5 lbs to 45 lbs. I want to target the increase of muscle mass in my arms of 2 lbs, so I’m starting with 6 lbs and want to end with a total of 8 lbs per arm. And, the second area I’d like to target are my legs by increasing them to 5 lbs of lean muscle from 17.66 lbs to 23 lbs.
My second goal is to decrease overall body fat mass from 39.9 lbs to 32 lbs. I’ll do this by having a calorie deficit of 250 kcals per day, and thus, I’ll lose a lb of fat every two weeks. I can either calculate a 2,096 kcal daily allowance or a 14,672 weekly allowance. Slow and steady wins the race. I’m not trying to starve myself! I love food, and I want to be able to enjoy it, so opting for a slower route will help me. If I do this right, I should lose this amount in 16 weeks or a total of 4 months, so by November!
- Calculate macros and eat around 180 g of protein. 63 g of fat. And, 202 g of carbs daily.
- On high intensity workout days eat a higher portion of carbs and lower portion of protein. On rest days, eat low carbs.
- Intermittent fast on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 7 PM to 10 AM
Since I’ll be starting school again in August, this is totally subject to change to my needs then, but generally I’d like to fit in:
- Jiu Jitsu – 3 x
- 4 Strength workouts + combined with 2 HIIT days
- Core + HIIT
- Upper Body + HIIT
- Lower Body 2x
- Opt: Boxing and reviewing jiu jitsu techniques
- Yoga at home 3x
- One group class
The Strength workout plan may also be subject to change. This is my focus on increasing muscle mass, but after I achieve my goal of increasing it, I’ll focus on more on high intensity fat burning workouts.
What were your fitness goals for 2018? How far are you from achieving them? And, what’s your plan to get there?
- My Fitness Progress: January – June 2018
- The Type of Exercise that Burns Fat the Fastest!
- What I eat in a day: 1.16.18
Feel free to follow me: