It’s been awhile since I’ve tracked my food intake or been consciously aware of it. I’d say it’s been about a month since I started my new job. I’m hoping to do at least once a week of what I eat in a day to keep myself accountable.
- Meal 1: Maple + brown sugar oatmeal with nectarine and blueberries. Added Isonatural protein powder. [380 cals, 62 c, 4 f, 26 p]
- Meal 2: Chicken salad with black beans, corn, unsalted sunflower seeds, and avocado. [322 cals, 23 c, 13 f, 34 p]
- Meal 3: Falafel Gyro with french fries. [1,168 cals, 108 c, 34 f, 19 p]
- Snack 1: S’mores (I had two, and didn’t picture the other)
- Snack 2: Graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate.
For both snacks [542 cal, 73 c, 25 f, 12 p]
Total Calories + Macros vs. Goal Calories + Macros
2,037 cal / 2,096 cal
266 c/ 209 c
76 f/ 58 f
91/ 183 p
Review of Intake + What I Can Do Better
Today wasn’t the greatest of days because I didn’t plan my meals ahead of time and I didn’t check my macros throughout the day to see what I needed. It’s obvious that I need to up my protein game. I could’ve had a high protein snack like greek yogurt or a protein shake to get closer to my protein goal. I had one really high calorie meal, which wasn’t a problem because I still stayed within my calorie range, but I could’ve easily balanced that with low calorie, high volume foods if I still wanted to eat. I’d give myself a 6/10 for today. I give myself above a 5 for simply tracking my foods, and I dock myself points for having refined grains (graham crackers) and not including more veggies and high protein snacks.
- My Fitness Goals + Plan for the next 6 Months
- My Fitness Progress: January – June 2018
- The Type of Exercise that Burns Fat the Fastest!
- What I eat in a day: 1.16.18
What tactics do you use to make sure your are eating your best? Are you an intuitive eater or do you track your macros? I’d like to know what works best for you, so that I can try out new methods to improve my eating! Let me know in the comment section.
Feel free to follow me: