Mid-summer, and still no school. Started working at my local gym and met friendly faces, and faces that I would no longer like to see again.
4th of July is usually spent at barbecues with friends and family next to a body of water. And, that’s what I did. Except it was my boyfriend’s friends. I’d like to believe they’ve become my own as well. The sun was high at Dana Point, California, but not too exacerbating. The shore was rocky, and made the water uninviting, but nonetheless, I enjoyed my afternoon lying on the sand and in the arms of my love.
Other than the beach, my love and I sought entertainment at book and comic book stores. We tried two restaurants, both fancy, but both overpriced. We still enjoyed our go-to dining places: Kampai Sushi and Rolling Moon Sushi. I showed him Interstellar and he was just as enraptured as I was.
All my time was not spent with my boyfriend though. I made sure to have time with my girlfriends. My friend was kind enough to host pool get-togethers. We sipped on margaritas and other mixed drinks, dipped ourselves in the cool water, barbecued, and one noon, had a shrimp dish indoors.
Lastly, I’d like to remember that I rekindled a friendship with someone who is dear to me, but maybe I didn’t realize initially how important they were to me.
Some realizations I had this month are:
- Don’t let a friendship go to waste if you enjoy the individual’s companionship.
- I do not enjoy any fast food meals. So, I don’t want to waste my money and health on that.
- I aimlessly spent my money on snacks at grocery stores and at work because I was ill-prepared.
- I truly enjoy journaling and bullet journaling.
- Communication can save any relationship. Being honest with yourself and your loved one can allow you to reconnect with them and become closer to them.
- I love working on puzzles, but I’ve realized that I do not enjoy doing them with multiple people, at most, one other. But, even better, by myself.
- Claiming people as your friends does not make them your friend. If they are there for you, and you for them, and if you spend quality time with them one on one makes them your friend. Stop wasting your time on people who don’t matter to you, and which you don’t matter to them.
What was most memorable about July for you? And, what memories do you plan on making in August? Let me know in the comment section!
Feel free to follow me: