Hi lovelies, Rossy, Sarah, Courtney, and I are all collaborating with one another to pursue our fitness goals. These women are the definition of girl power. They lift each other up to become their best selves. If they fail, they don’t give up. They keep working for their health and happiness. So, go ahead and check out their blogs to gather inspiration and motivation!
We will be posting on the first Monday of every month through December at 8am PST (3pm GMT for Sarah in the UK). I’m a day behind today though.
01. INCREASE MUSCLE MASS
I’ve decreased my muscle mass from 33.1 lbs to 31.5 from August, but overall I’ve still gained from January. I’m not too upset about this because I don’t think my last body test was accurate because I had worked out right before I took it. Overall though I have increased a little muscle mass in my legs from 17.66 to 17.86 and my arms from 6.04 to 6.26. I’ve been working on my split routine of 4 strength workouts a week, but I’ve missed a few here and there, so overall I think I’ve been training 3 times out of the week.
02. DECREASE OVERALL FAT MASS
I’ve dropped my overall fat mass from 39.9 lbs to 35.3 lbs, but from August I’ve increased. Which, again, I’m not sure if it was accurate. My body fat reading in August was 33.4, which I’m not too worried about even if I did gain. Fitness isn’t linear!
03. EAT FOODS THAT SUPPORT MY HEALTH
For the first two weeks, I did well from abstaining from gluten and dairy, and the third week I had given up and gave in because I was not seeing the results I wanted, which is clear skin. But, the last week I returned to eating very little of gluten or dairy, and I meal prepped my food which allowed me to eat healthy.
04. TRAIN TO RESTORE MY BODY
I did very well and I stayed away from high intensity workouts, and practiced yoga and stretching which helped the pain go away from my achilles tendon, and it helped prevent any pain in my glutes or back. I worked on plenty of core workouts to help aid my lower back as well.
So, I still have the same 3 goals, but through this plan below.
- Strength train 4 times a week of a split of upper, lower, core, and full body workouts. Focus on increasing muscle mass to 34 lbs by increasing weights and high reps of 12-15. Decrease body fat to 33 lbs by choosing exercises that are standing, propioceptive challenging, faster tempo, and supersets.
- Cardio train of 15 minutes, 2 times a week during the days I train lower body and full body workouts, and 30 minute cardio with core and upper body workouts.
- Go to yoga class two times a week.
- Either train jiu jitsu 2x a week and teach kid’s class 1x a week. Or teach kid’s class 2x a week.
- Eat foods that are good for my gut, by increasing veggies with my lunch, and a veggie juice or smoothie daily and by avoiding foods that irritate my stomach: wheat, corn, peanut, soy, dairy, caffeine, and alcohol.
How was your health during the month of September? Did you have any set backs? If so, let me know in the comment section! That way I can support you as well on your journey. You are already giving me the support by reading today!
- Rossy’s update
- Courtney’s update
- Sarah’s update
- My Fitness Progress: January – June 2018
- The Type of Exercise that Burns Fat the Fastest!
- What I eat in a day: 1.16.18
Feel free to follow me: